The Washington Race Equity & Justice Initiative (REJI) Organizational Race Equity Toolkit is designed to help organizations, particularly equity and justice-oriented legal organizations, understand and incorporate race equity into their work. Among its tools and resources, the Toolkit provides an assessment tool that organizations, particularly legal organizations, can use to assess and advance their practices, policies, and culture in order to operationalize race equity and support the development of organizational equity plans. Learn more about REJI.
View & Download the Toolkit
Additional Tools from the REJI Toolkit Appendix:
- Tool A: REJI Organizational Equity Plan Worksheet
- Tool B: REJI Racial Equity Impact Assessment
- Tool C – Race Equity Culture Continuum for Organizations
- Tool D: Community Agreements
- Tool E – Sample Race Equity Plan – City of Seattle
- Tool F – Sample Race Equity Plan – Legal Services NYC
- Tool G – Systems Thinking and Iceberg Model
- Tool H – ADRESSING Model Guide for Supervisors
- Tool I – Race Equity Tool – Columbia Legal Services
Additional REJI Guides & Supplements
- Caucuses as a Racial Justice Strategy (Article)
- Washington Pro Bono Equity Training Guide (Race Equity Curriculum Guide for Use with Pro Bono Attorneys)
- Building Legal & Community Partnerships Guide
JustLead Washington is grateful for the many partners, funders, and contributors who have aided the development of the Toolkit and associated guides. The Toolkit has been underwritten and is offered as a resource to the community by the Washington State Office of Civil Legal Aid, with additional support from the Washington State Access to Justice Board and advice and counsel from the many Partners and volunteers who comprise the Washington Race Equity & Justice Initiative.
JustLead Washington is indebted to the many grassroots racial justice organizations and content experts whose work has laid the foundation for this Toolkit. Our particular thanks to the Sargent Shriver National Center on Poverty Law, whose approach to leadership and equity work grounds our perspective.
Use of JustLead & REJI Materials
JustLead’s original work, covering text, charts, graphics, and tools within the Toolkit not otherwise attributed, is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. This means that users can share, adapt, and distribute JustLead’s original material, provided that credit is given and uses are non-commercial. For commercial use of our content or if there are any missing attributions or errors in listed attributions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.