- REJI Organizational Race Equity Toolkit: Extensive guide to help equity and justice-oriented legal organizations understand and incorporate race equity into their work
- Building Legal Community Partnerships: This guide aims to lay out key principles and strategies to guide organizations, particularly organizations that provide direct legal services, by outlining the relationship-building activities required to develop authentic partnerships with community-based groups and alignment with community lawyering principles.
- Caucuses as a Racial Justice Strategy: Article for individuals and organizations who seek to learn about, organize, and effectively facilitate “caucuses,” or affinity groups, to support learning and development around racial justice.
- REJI Pro Bono Equity Training Guide: Race Equity & Cultural Competency Curriculum for Volunteer Attorneys: Fundamental race equity concepts that can be shared directly with pro bono attorneys and other volunteer legal advocates and/or used as an outline for hosting your own race equity/cultural competency CLE or training for volunteers.
- Race Equity & Justice Initiative (REJI) Webinars: Series of free webinars on racial justice topics such as Addressing Implicit Bias, Creating Equitable Organizational Culture, and more. CLE credit available.
Additional Articles, Websites, & Books of Interest
- Overview of Leadership Academy Core Competencies
- Circle of Human Concern (Haas Institute)
- Ten Leadership Theories in Five Minutes (YouTube)
- Poverty and Race Through a Belongingness Lens (Powell)
Achieving Workable Unity & Strategies for Addressing Power, Oppression, and Privilege
- Beyond Inclusion, Beyond Empowerment (Nieto & Boyer)
- Difficult Conversations: How to Discuss What Matters Most (Stone, Patton, & Heen)
- Rethinking Thinking (Climbing the Ladder of Assumptions) (Maber)
- Take an Implicit Association Test (Project Implicit)
- A Systems Story (YouTube)
- Connecting to Change the World: Harnessing the Power of Networks for Social Impact (Plastrik, Taylor & Cleveland)
Other Leadership Training
Courses include the Leadership Academy, Racial Justice Training Institute, and Community Lawyering
Other Capacity Building Organizations
Advancing laws and policies to improve the lives and opportunities of people living in poverty (includes Clearinghouse Review)
Leadership Academy faculty and alumni are also often available to train staff and volunteers from equity and justice organizations on specific leadership competencies and topics. For more information please contact email@example.com.