We are excited to celebrate the wonderful individuals who have joined us on this adventure by participating in JustLead’s first ever fully virtual Leadership Academy Experience. As we continue to navigate the impacts of the triple pandemics of COVID-19, virulent racism, and deepening poverty we have been grateful to be able to offer space for legal and community advocates committed to transformative change to build strong adaptive leadership skills and lasting relationships.
We are currently running our Fall 2021 Leadership Academy, which is scheduled to run through March 2022. Please stay tuned for more information on our Next Leadership Academy Cohort coming in 2022. Read on for program details.
About the Leadership Academy
The Leadership Academy and JustLead Washington aim toward a society where everyone “belongs” within what Professor john a. powell has called the Circle of Human Concern as full members of society, without exception. As such, our curriculum expressly focuses on increasing understanding of the ways in which poverty, systemic racism, and other forms of bias and oppression intersect and create harm, particularly within low-income communities and communities of color.
The Academy’s core curriculum was initially developed in partnership with the Shriver National Center on Poverty Law and is designed specifically to enhance the adaptive leadership capacity of advocates and organizations working toward equity & justice within Washington State. Fellows learn and practice several core leadership competencies, such as:
- Communicating Strategic Intent (with an emphasis on narrative storytelling)
- Enhancing Self-Awareness & Other-Awareness
- Achieving Workable Unity Across Difference (with an emphasis on equity and inclusion)
- Engaging in Systems and Strategic Thinking
- Delivering on Strategic Intent (translating your mission, vision, and values into action)
- Developing Leadership Capacity in Others
- Fostering Processes of Individual, Organizational, and Community Renewal
- Building Competence and Confidence for Anti-Racism and Pro-Equity Work
Questions & Assistance
If you need assistance to complete your application, need another method for submission of your application or have any questions or problems regarding your application, please contact email@example.com.